What is a Social Enterprise?
The following characteristics must be met in order to call yourself a social enterprise:
Social enterprise in Denmark, there is an agreement that a social enterprise must be defined as a company that:
- Has a social aim – to do good for individuals or communities
- Sales products or services – and is not just a project that seeks financial support
- Reinvests any profits back in the company – shareholders cannot take out dividends
- Registers as a business with a CVR (VAT) number – it must be a company, not a project or part of the public sector
- Is democratic and citizen-oriented – it is legitimate in relation to its surroundings